How technology supports patient comfort, convenience, and the best treatment experience
Hoover Dental Center is a technology-rich practice in central Los Angeles, California. Our dentist, Dr. HeeJee Yoon, has made innovative and strategic investments in advanced diagnostic and treatment technologies. So, these technologies provide real value to our patients. They generally support:
- Precise treatment
- Fast treatment (less time “chairside”)
- Minimize appointments and costs
Also, the planned treatments using these advanced tools and systems last a long time and promote sustained health and function. Our team prides itself in being able to offer the most pleasant, stress- and anxiety-free experience at our office in central L.A. The dental technologies listed below help us in this mission.
- Intraoral camera – Taking detailed pictures of the inside of the mouth (“intraoral”) is as easy as passing a slim wand-like device over your teeth. This non-invasive process also supports accurate and early identification of subtle or hidden problems in tiny areas.
- 3-D imaging – The use of digital technologies is associated with up to 80% less radiation exposure than traditional film-based x-rays. It further supports patient comfort since many images are made in a matter of seconds. We can share those images with our patients. So they better understand the underlying problem and their options for treatment. This process is also “green” because it doesn’t produce the waste associated with film-based radiography.
- Cone beam computed tomography – CBCT is a mouthful; it simply refers to advanced equipment that rotates 360 degrees around the patient to capture numerous images of the mouth and facial structures quickly. Having so much information at our disposal, from all angles, really aids in Dr. Yoon’s ability to promptly pinpoint the actual cause of toothaches or other concerning symptoms.
- iTero® scanner – We can also use digital technology to produce more comfortable and accurate impressions or molds of your mouth. The iTero® is a tiny intraoral scanner that can render a model or digital impression of your entire mouth in one minute – no foul-tasting, gag-inducing, or messy goo to bite down on required!
It is one thing for us to tell you about these and other technologies that take the fear and hassle out of visiting the dentist, yet it is an entirely different matter to experience it yourself. We encourage you to contact us to schedule an appointment at our office in Harvard Heights. Call Hoover Dental Center at (213) 725-2898 today. We’ll see you soon!